BCR – Notice of AGM
Dear Border Collie Rescue Lifemembers and Friends,
Herewith we would like to invite and give you notice that Border Collie Rescue NPO 006 620 will be holding its Annual General Meeting on the Saturday, the 1st of July 2017 at 14h00.
The AGM will be held at:
GardenWorld on Beyers Naude Drive in Muldersdrift
S 26° 02.560
E 027° 53.164
A board will point you on the room where the BCR AGM will be held. Tea and scones @ R 35 per person can be purchased.
As a Border Collie Rescue (BCR) Life member and 3 years in a row paid up Friends of BCR member you qualify to vote. If you have not paid your subscriptions please kindly do so, the form is attached. Please send the proof of payment to us. You can contact us to enquire about your membership status.
Our Constitution states that “A voting member of BCR who wishes to become an Office Bearer can put their name forward (hereafter referred to as applicant) to the current management committee for nomination. Should the majority of current Office Bearers agree to the applicant’s nomination, the applicant’s nomination shall be put forward for membership vote at the subsequent AGM. An Office bearer will remain in office for up to one year from election.”
The BCR Management Committee consists of 5 office bearers and standing for election in 2017 for one year in office are:
BCR Chair Elsie Jammy
BCR Vice Chair Gill Pearson
BCR Treasurer New Cornelia Nel
BCR Fundraising Officer Sarah Pattison-Emms
BCR Rehoming Officer Julie Morris
BCR Secretary Dina-Vera (DV) Schmittknecht
Voting at the AGM may take place in person or by way of proxy voting. In the case where a vote is cast by proxy the following rules will apply:
• Proxy vote must be in writing on the prescribed form provided by the Management committee;
• All proxy votes must be received by the chairperson and the secretary at least 48 hours before the AGM;
• A copy of the proxy form may be held by nominated member.
A copy of the blank proxy form can be sent to qualifying people
Please kindly confirm your attendance with the BCR Secretary on email@example.com and the BCR Chair Elsie Jammy firstname.lastname@example.org by the 24th of June 2017
The AGM agenda includes the following items:
– Confirmation of the AGM agenda.
– Recording of members present.
– Confirmation of the previous AGM minutes, including matters arising.
– Presentation of the Chairperson’s report.
– Presentation of the Treasurer’s report.
– Election of new office bearers for 2017 – one year office term.
– Appointment of an auditor.
– Meeting closure.
Thank you & Kind Regards
The current BCR Committee and all our furry friends from Border Collie Rescue
NPO No. 006 620 NPO
DV BCR Secretary: 082-7728525